Inspections & Testing
Security Fire maintains a staff of highly trained inspectors that are NICET certified and customer focused. Our knowledgeable technicians can inspect your systems at predetermined intervals as required by NFPA 25 and NFPA 72. Any deficiencies found are reported to the owner and we follow up with suggestions for correcting the impairment.
We offer the following Inspection Services:
Fire Sprinkler Inspection:
- Inspect all types of automatic sprinkler systems
- Inspect foam systems and perform maintenance and service
- Visually inspect sprinklers from floor level to check for corrosion, obstructions to spray patterns, foreign material, paint, and physical damage
- Inspect sprinkler piping annually for overall condition, mechanical damage, leakage, corrosion, and misalignment
- Quarterly inspections of standpipes, standpipe hose connections, standpipe hose cabinets, and 2" main drains
- Perform annual fire pump test
- Full flow standpipe testing every 5 years, meeting NFPA 14 Requirements
- Perform weekly fire pump run maintenance
- Verify that hydraulic nameplates are securely attached to the sprinkler riser
- Annual testing of all fire hydrants
- Perform 5 and 10 year internal inspections
- Provide records of all required inspections and tests of fire protection systems & devices
Fire Alarm Inspection:
- Inspection of panel functionality, LED's, fuses, battery charger, etc.
- Battery Inspections - visual and discharge test
- Test & visual inspection of annunciating devices such as horns, strobes, bells, etc.
- Test & visual inspection of smoke detectors and heat detectors
- Test fire sprinkler devices connected to alarms including flow switches, tampers switches, pressure switches, etc.
- Test & visual inspection of duct smoke detectors
- Test & visual inspection of Solenoid devices
- Test & visual inspection of voice evacuation equipment
- Testing of fire pump monitor points (loss of phase, phase reversal, pump running, etc.